It’s really frustrating when you aren’t able to access your Equifax account through the usual login process on the website. This issue of Equifax canada login not working could be for several reasons, but we will give you the solution to this problem. So if you can’t access your Equifax Canada account, read further to see how to recover your account without contacting their customer care online through their phone number or by live chat.
There are some account issues that you can solve on your own without the help of Equifax support. Although Equifax customer service is great and quite good sometimes you might be stuck. That’s why it’s important for you to know how to do it yourself.
Equifax is one of the most popular credit bureaus available in Canada to get your credit report. It is also possible for you to dispute the information you find in the report. The essence of getting a credit report is numerous. You need a credit report when you are applying for a loan with any mortgage institution or even your bank.
Existing users on Equifax Canada can always log into to their account for several reasons. We will talk about some of the reasons why you should always log into Equifax.
Why should You Recover Equifax Canada Account Login Details?
The benefits of Equifax login summarizes why you should recover your account. The process of recovery isn’t stressful. You will make lesser mistakes if you follow our guidelines below. Sometimes, you there might be a wrong credit report on your account. This wrong report will surely affect the interest which you will pay on your loan. So you will have to access your account and file a dispute or consult your lawyer.
Possible Reasons Why You Can’t Access Equifax Account
There are some common issues why you can’t access your account currently. They are as follows;
- Poor Internet Connection: This is usually the most common reason you are not able to access your Equifax account online. You will just have to make sure you have a strong network connection, visit the website, and try it again with your login details.
- Equifax Server Issues: This is another most likely issue for login problems on Equifax. The website might be going through server downtime. So just give it time and try again later.
- Incorrect Login Details: Make sure to check that you are using the correct details to sign into your account. If you are not using the correct details, you will be denied access to the account.
Ways to Recover Equifax Canada Account Login Details
There are 3 primary ways you can use to get back your account when you can’t access it.
- You can change your login password details, as we said earlier, if you use incorrect login details, you won’t be able to access your account. The affected details might be your password or username. This is because such data you are trying to use is not registered in the system. So the next thing for you to do is password recovery.
- The other way to recover your account is by using your email address. You can send them an email and they will help you out from there. We will give you their email address below.
- Another way to recover the account is to contact their customer care support. This should be the last option. However, if you follow the steps we will show you, there might not be any need to contact them. Nonetheless, we will still show you how to contact them in case you have a need for it.
Let’s explain the above steps for you in detail so you can get a free credit report every year as required by law and get your loan application approved by your lender.
How to Recover Equifax Canada Account Online
- Visit the official webpage of Equifax using this link here. This will take you to the homepage where you can access your account.
- When you get to the login page , do not input your details since you have already forgotten it. Instead scroll down and tap on the “Need-help signing option”
- Once you tap on the “need help signing”, the account recovery page opens.
- Thereafter, fill out the form below with the correct information to verify your identity. If you inout the correct details, you will be given the opportunity to change your password or username.
NOTE: When entering a new password, make sure you choose the combination that will be easier for you tp remember, although it should also be one that is hard to figure out by strangers.
How to Contact Equifax Canada Customer service
There are several reasons why you might have to contact their customer care. They are ;
- Requesting a free credit report
- Dispute an inaccurate information in your credit report
- Report incase you have been a victim of fraud/theft
- You might want to change or update your information
9 a.m to 5 p.m (ET)
Monday through Friday
Equifax Canada Co.
National Consumer Relations
Montreal, Quebec H1S 2Z2
Equifax Live Chat Steps- How to Chat live Support
Follow the support link we gave above, look carefully for the sign in the image below and tap on it. You will be connected to a live agent who will respond to you immediately.
Recommended Actions To Take So You Don’t Lose your Login Details Again
I believe the above steps were helpful to you in changing your Equifax Canada Account login details. Meanwhile, take the following steps to avoid forgetting your details next time
- Do not disclose your details to a third party. This is to prevent any unauthorized activities occurring in your account.
- You can always select the remember me option when you are signing into your account. This helps to save your login details on your device.
- Warning: do not select this option if you are not using your personal device to log in to Equifax Canada
- More so, in as much as you try to use a strong password as recommended, you should also use one that you can remember always. The password should be strong but easy for only you to remember.
If you follow the recommendations above, it will be difficult for you to forget your Equifax Canada Account login details again.
Thanks for reading to the end. Follow the steps we have highlighted to recover the account. However, if you’re still having issues, then you contact their customer service through the phone number we have given to you.
Please share this article as your own way of supporting us and showing your appreciation. You can still drop your comments below and we will gladly assist you further.